What is the best rated baby swing?
When comparing the models based on their reviews and ratings on sites, the Fisher-Price Sweet Snugapuppy Dreams Cradle ‘n Swing (number 2 on the list) is the best rated baby swing above all for sturdy stay-still baby swing. With affordable price, users also satisfy with the quality and functions it provides. For other options in this price segment, this baby swing have multiple swinging motions, vibration, and AC adapter plug-in. Moreover, a strong point of Fisher-Price Cradle ‘n Swing is their excellent customer service (free returns and fast response to complain).
On the other hand, if you are looking for a baby swing to takeaway room to room, places to places (maybe visiting relatives or family trips), we would recommend . Ingenuity ConvertMe Swing-2-Seat Portable Swing.
Do baby swings really work?
Baby swings are great invention that helps so much in nursery and parentings. With the development of technology, more and more functions and adjustments are upgraded for baby swings nowadays.
Nursery used to be so tired because you cannot have time for other household chores or even yourselves when you had babies. However, with some smartswing technology such as cry detection or auto adjusting – vibration… would ensure your baby safety and comfort.
Are baby swings OK for newborns?
Most of the baby swings are good to go for new born babies. Check the description of the product before you purchase. The list of 10 best baby swing above is checked already for you.
Remember that the baby swings are just for short-time napping or awake time. The pediatricians recommend to give babies flat and firm surface with no loose materials for the best safe sleep.
How long will a baby use a swing?
- Ideally, from newborns, babies need to give up the swing when they get to 6 months of age.
At this age, babies would be firmed and strong enough to move a bit around. They also start to be curious about the surroundings. This means there are more activities that will require them on the floor. However, note that this is just an average number of age, it is not applicable for every cases because some babies may need longer time to go through the process.
How to wean your baby from swing habit?
- After about 6 to 10 months of using swing, the habit is developed for you babies. How to get your babies to wean swinging?
- Lower the speed: keep your swinging speed as the lowest one.
- Swing placement next to the crib: once your baby fall asleep, gently move him to the crib immediately.
- Discontinuously remove the baby swings from routine: skip the swing for a day first, then increase the number of days skipped until your baby can sleep on the crib.
- Swaddle your baby: swaddle your baby tight and rub his back until he sleeps.
- Create “sleepy” environment: a relaxing atmosphere with some white noise music and dark room to help soothe him to sleep. Remember to set the right room temperature to make your babies get used to it.