What to Look for in a Bassinet for a Small Space
- Parents with small spaces such as apartments, tiny homes, of small bedrooms may want to opt for a small bassinet over a larger bassinet or crib.
- A bassinet is a wonderful way to keep your baby close to you, they are portable and easy to set up anywhere.
- A small base. You don’t want a bassinet that has a large base that takes up a lot of space. A compact and simple design.
- Safety – JPMA certification
- Portability – a bassinet that is easy to move is best for a small space. Wheels make it easy to moves bassinet, but make sure they can lock.
- Lightweight – so it is easy to pick up and move.
- Bassinets that go right up next to your bed (co-sleepers) can save a lot of space.
Things to Consider in Your Search
- Measure the areas you are wanting to put the bassinet. Look at the base measurements of the bassinets you are considering buying.
- Consider whether you want extra features in your bassinet. Some features include the ability to play music, or vibrate to soothe your baby, and attached mobiles.
- Decide if you want your bassinet to be able to rock. A rocking bassinet can be handy for soothing a crying baby.
- If you opt for one that rocks, make sure it has a good lock for when you want it to remain still.
The Best Bassinets for Small Spaces
- I have scoured the internet for the best bassinets to fit into small spaces.
- I have compared various brands and looked at their customer satisfaction as well as their actual size dimensions.
My choices for the best bassinets for small spaces are based on:
- The bassinet being compact (I have taken into account the actual product dimensions and chose bassinets with a small footprint)
- Customer reviews (I have chosen bassinets that consistently please the people who have bought them)
- Product safety (I have only chosen bassinets that meet safety regulations and standards)
Our Top Picks
- A compact sleeping space for your baby.
- This sleeping mattress is easy to take anywhere with you or move around the house.
- Product dimensions: 16.6 x 14.5 x 6.7 inches
- texture lounge walls
- removable plush hanging rattle toys
- breathable fabric
- waterproof bottom
- use as a play-mat, bassinet, and changing area
- folds up for easy transport
- cover is machine-washable
- removable canopy
- well built and sturdy
- no loose parts
- soft surface
- cover protects baby from bright lights
- hanging toys keep baby something to look at
- can be used on your bed as a co-sleeper
- baby may grow out of it quickly
- can take awhile to get back to shape after being folded up
- This is an excellent choice if you are looking for a more traditional style bassinet.
- The babybjorn cradle is smaller than many of the other similar-style bassinets I have looked at.
- Product Dimensions: 31 x 23 x 26 inches.
- transparent mesh fabric
- fits 8 lbs – 17 lbs
- JPMA Certified Product
- compact, cozy cradle
- gently rocks
- easy to pick up and move
- modern, minimal design
- waterproof mattress cover
- mesh is removable and machine washable
- easy to setup
- easy to rock
- non-toxic fabric
- breathable mesh sides allow you to see baby
- stable and sturdy
- no way to stop it from rocking when baby moves
- some people find it too low
- have to purchase separate sheets
- warning labels are sewn on and difficult to remove
- A co-sleeper is excellent for keeping your baby close to you at night, without having them right in your bed.
- A co-sleeper also takes up little space because it is right beside your bed.
- Product Dimensions: 31 x 20 x 34 inches.
- attaches to parental bed via an adjustable length strap that goes under the mattress
- wheels for easy movement
- bottom storage baskets
- mesh sides
- wood construction
- fits baby’s up to 20 lbs
- wheels function well and have a brake
- adjustable leg height
- sides can be folded down and locked in place for co-sleeper or stood up for use as a standalone
- easy to put together
- lots of area for storing baby essentials
- perfect height for right beside the bed
- you can't buy regular co-sleeper sheets, you must buy MINI co-sleeper sheets
Fisher-Price Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeper
- This one is great because it doubles as a play space for baby.
- It can be used for naps as well as awake time.
- The automatic rocking option is excellent for keeping baby asleep.
- Product dimensions: 22.8 x 32.3 x 24.4 inches.
- sleeper and playtime seat in one
- hands free rocking motion
- plays songs and has 3 sound effects
- AC plugin, so no need for batteries
- inclined seat
- great for babies with reflux
- can set timer for rocking and can rock for up to 6 hours
- cover is easy to wash
- great price
- easy to setup
- keeps baby soothed with movement and sound
- some people find it noisy
- could use a longer power cord
- some people have had problems with the motor not functioning
- I hope this article has helped you in your search for a bassinet for your small space.
- Buying a simple and compact bassinet is the best option when you don’t have a lot of room.
Visit our homepage to see more products: babybassinetworld.com
If you are interested in Top 5 Best Co Sleeper Bassinet of 2020 [ In Bed Sleeper ], click here:
Top 5 Best Co Sleeper Bassinet of 2020 [ In Bed Sleeper ]
Let us know if you have any questions in the comments below, we are here to help!