Every product is carefully reviewed by our experts. As an Amazon Associate we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you from qualifying purchases.
Every parent can relate to the nervous feeling when having your babies sleep in their room on their own. They might wake up at midnight crying due to nightmares. They might try to reach shelves and fall.
There are many things to worry about. But it’s hard to check on your baby without waking them up. That is when you need a baby monitor to check on your babies from time to time.
Here we are coming up with the Lollipop baby monitor by providing you what you should look for when buying a baby monitor.
“I love the camera itself because of its’ awesome sounds. It helps my daughter sleep through the night at 4 months old.”
- 1 What is a Lollipop baby monitor?
- 2 What’s in the box?
- 3 Lollipop baby monitor features
- 4 The Lollipop Baby Monitor App
- 5 Setting up the Lollipop camera
- 6 Lollipop Smart Baby Monitor hacking
- 7 The added benefits (and cost) of the Lollipop sensor
- 8 Pros and Cons of the Lollipop baby monitor
- 9 Lollipop vs. Nanit Plus
- 10 Alternative Options
- 11 FAQs
- 12 To Sum Up!
What is a Lollipop baby monitor?
A Lollipop baby monitor is exactly a monitor with audio and video record ability to set up in your babies’ room and give you footage of them. The company takes the basic concept by creating a simple but interesting monitor to ensure you know how your little ones are doing at night on their own.
It connects with WiFi and has many nice features such as cry detectors, movie-making tools, bendable leg, multiple cameras,… Lollipop baby monitor is one of the best baby monitors that are available in the market at the moment.
What’s in the box?
The products come in three different colors: Turquoise, Cotton Candy and Pistachio. This Lollipop baby monitor is contained in a neat and simple package and would give you fun time unboxing it. You will get an array of power cords, a power adaptor, and three cord guards.
Lollipop baby monitor features
Pastel color theme
The baby monitor comes with three different light pastel colors for you to have multiple choices: turquoise, cotton candy, pistachio.
Simple and smart design
The baby monitor has a lollipop candy looking with a bendable leg which is useful to set up at almost every corner in the room.
Support Multiple cameras
If you want to have extra perspective or you have more than one kid to look after, you can always get more cameras and set them all up via the app.
By connecting to WiFi, the app will give you information and update it every time connected. The camera will be paired with the app on your phone or tablet so it will work whenever you have a signal.
High-quality video and night vision
The 720p video quality is good enough for you to get access to what you want to keep your eyes on. Besides, the Lollipop baby monitor has two infrared night vision for you to see your child in low light or dark. The feature also automatically switches between two settings to save your time and let you see your child clearly.
Record and audio
The lollipop baby monitor review shows that the camera will automatically record your baby’s cry sounds and any other sounds that should be concerned. You can look back in the cloud of Lollipop’s dime and get to know what was going on. Moreover, you can always turn on recording whenever you like.
The Lollipop app can distinguish between the crying sound and other ambient noises and will notify you when those happen. The data of every noise will be shown on your screen so you won’t miss anything.
The Lollipop monitor app
This app is the parent unit for the camera that you can download for free on App Store and Play Store. The app is where you can easily navigate between music, volume, settings. You can get access to Audio Mode for Overnight when you go to bed.
Additional room data
By getting this Lollipop sensor which is sold separately, the data on humidity, temperature, air quality notification will be sent to your screen.
The Lollipop Baby Monitor App
This app has a recipient interface allowing you nice experiences using it. The stream video will turn to full screen whenever you rotate your device while watching and take only half of the screen when your device is vertical.
Furthermore, you will get notified whenever your child makes noises. Crying sounds will give different notifications than other background noises. The app will also provide you with a decibel level of your baby’s noises for you to picture how loud those sounds really were.
There are some white noises and classical songs which are preloaded in the app that you might like to listen to. You can download the app for free on iOS App Store and Android Play Store.
Setting up the Lollipop camera
Since the Lollipop Camera has a relatively wide 128-degree field of vision, it doesn’t require being in a precise position to give you full performance.
Thanks to its bendable leg, you will be able to set it up to almost any corner of the room such as bookshelves, walls, or other sturdy pieces. You can just wrap the leg around the crib or the sturdy piece you found.
However, the crib and bond mount are dangerous because they might be within your child’s reach, especially if it’s older than a few months.
Lollipop Smart Baby Monitor hacking
Since the Lollipop Baby monitor uses WiFi to stream videos of your babies, it’s likely to be reached by hackers. However, the type of monitor will decide how difficult to get hacked.
There are two ways that WiFi baby monitors can be used which are on private networks or on the Internet. If you tend to use your local network to connect with the monitor, the hacker might access the videos of your baby. So, you better set a strong password for your WiFi network to have a protected connection.
There are certain ways to protect your babies’ monitors from hackers. First, you need to secure your wireless route by giving it a strong password and keep updating your router’s firmware and disable remote access to your router. Registering your monitor is also a necessary way for the manufacturer to receive software updates and fix potential security risks. When you want to get access to your baby videos by going away, all items above are ready to significantly strengthen your network and help prevent your baby monitor lollipop from being hacked. Change the default camera access port and keep verifying your monitor logs to recognize suspicious activity regularly.
The added benefits (and cost) of the Lollipop sensor
The Lollipop sensor is a special part of this baby monitor as a quality addition. The sensor measures temperature, humidity and air quality and sends data to your device’s screen. With just two clicks away from getting connected to your app. This sensor also got tested by putting within from 6-feet to 15-feet radius from the monitor and still gives stable results every time.
One of the important roles of the Lollipop sensor is integrating with the Lollipop app to show you daily and weekly charts of the elements. That allows you to understand how the surrounding factors affect your child.
This amazing part of the Lollipop baby monitor is being sold separately for 55 dollars. If you want to make sure your baby will have good sleep at its best condition in the ideal bedroom, this is a valuable add-on.
Pros and Cons of the Lollipop baby monitor
Long-lasting battery for continuous recording, especially, combined with your Lollipop Care subscription which allows you to record video for days.
Multiple cameras give a better observation to keep an eye on your kids. This is really helpful when you have more than one kid and want to check on them at the same time.
Affordable price of the Lollipop Baby Monitor is only 150 dollars. The fact that it comes with nice features and good picture quality for this price is amazing. That makes this Lollipop camera one of the best choices for budget-conscious parents.
Smart design with simple color and a bendable leg for various setup-position choices. This helps you to place the lollipop camera at the best angle to have good perspectives.
Cry detection and Alerts. This is one of the most important features that help you to recognize what is happening in the baby’s room. The app can distinguish between white noises and other background sounds to your babies’ crying sound.
Audio Mode for Overnight lets you have good rest while listening to your kids’ noises to keep up with what is going on. The app also automatically switching between night vision infrared settings depends on how far the camera is to your kids
Additional sensor which is sold separately and will provide you details of the room’s temperature, humidity, air quality to your devices by notifications. This sensor is especially helpful when you live in a place where the weather changes a lot from day to night. All the data will be sent to your phone or tablet for you to make sure your baby is sleeping well in good conditions.
The setup choices of this monitor are interesting with a bendable leg where you can mount it in many corners of the room. However, keeping it standing on the table or other flat surface is quite tricky when you have to twist the leg.
Risks of getting hacked is a factor where parents should stay alert. Besides updating the app and maintaining a strong password for your WiFi you also need to keep verifying logs on your device to avoid any strange logs that might have.
Extra cost by providing a sensor that gives you data of temperature, humidity and air quality that makes the Lollipop start to reach the price of other monitors. Also, there are subscriptions that allow you to record continuously and will get quite expensive if you like to record for long periods.
Lollipop vs. Nanit Plus
First, we should consider the price since both almost have similar features. The Lollipop Baby Monitor is affordable at about 150 dollars and could cost approximately 205 dollars in total. Meanwhile, the Nanit Plus will be at first already up to 300 dollars. With all the benefits and add-on, Nanit Plus may get you over 400 dollars.
Even though the Nanit has 1080p HD video solution, most of the parents are satisfied with the 720p quality of the Lollipop Camera.
Both provide you classic wall mount but the lollipop camera offers many other options thanks to its bendable leg that can wrap around most of the sturdy pieces. Nanit Plus, on the other hand, offers you an additional Multi-stand at 49 dollars and floor stand costs 80 dollars extra.
There are many other different types of baby monitors for you to choose from in the market. Depending on the brands, there are different features in every product. Here is our suggested list of Lollipop alternatives:…
1. Nanit Plus Smart Camera
- ALWAYS BE CONNECTED: Get a crystal clear HD bird's eye view of your baby, day or night from anywhere on your iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, or Echo Show device. Hear or speak to your baby with two-way audio. Listen while using other apps or even when your screen is turned off with background audio. Receive real-time sound and motion notifications with adjustable sensitivity. Plus, monitor the temperature and humidity of the nursery to ensure they're comfortable.
- SLEEP TRACKING & GUIDANCE: Nanit gives you your baby's sleep stats each morning, plus a timelapse highlight reel of their sleep, so you can rewatch their entire night in seconds. Get personalized, science-backed sleep guidance and tips from the world’s leading pediatric sleep experts, right in your Nanit app.
- MAKING MEMORIES, MADE EASY: With Nanit Memories, your Nanit camera captures your baby’s finest moments automatically right in your app. Celebrate fun moments and growth milestones every step of the way, wherever you are. Share with friends and family, and hold onto their Memories forever.
- SAFE, SECURE, AND HSA/FSA APPROVED: 256-bit encryption keeps your data safe, and two-factor authentication keeps your account secure. Invite the whole parenting team to access your camera, and with user permissions, you can control exactly what each user can see and do. Use your Health Savings Account or Flex Spending Account to purchase Nanit. Nanit includes one year of Nanit Insights sleep tracking and video history. Nanit comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer's warranty.
- AWARD-WINNING: CES 2020 Innovation Award, 2020 Business Insider's Best Video Baby Monitor, 2019 Forbes' Best Baby Monitor, 2018 TIME's Best Invention.
This camera has a nice app and sensor that is already a part of the camera to give you data of your baby’s room. However, it’s expensive at about $299.
2. Eufy SpaceView
- Sweet Dreams on the Big Screen: The large 5" 720p video baby monitor display shows a sharp picture with 10 times more detail than ordinary 240p-display baby monitors.
- Ready for Their First Steps: When your baby starts to walk and run around, just attach the included lens to expand the view to 110 Degrees. No need to purchase another lens.
- Pan from Pillow to Pinky Toes: Pan the lens 330° to see corner-to-corner and tilt 110° to see floor to ceiling.
- Instant Alerts: Get alerted immediately from the video baby monitor when your baby is crying, even when you're sleeping.
- Be Mobile: The 460ft - 1000ft range-coverage area allows you to watch your little one rest peacefully in real-time wherever you are in your home. Note: Supports 1000ft max. in an open area. Notice: micro SD cards are not supported.
This one is the best Plug & Play monitor on our list at the moment. It comes with a dedicated parent monitor, a high-resolution video quality, and the prettiest design.
3. VTech DM111
- Best-in-class Long Range ** The VTech DM111 Audio Baby Monitor's dependable long operation range covers up to 1,000 feet, lets you go about your day and stays connected with your baby from another room or even from the yard
- Upgraded Rechargeable Battery ** Parent Unit includes a built-in rechargeable battery that supports up to 8 hours of portable operation. With the belt clip, the Parent Unit can be attached to your pocket or shirt
- Easy Set-up Plug & Play ** Simply connecting power for both units and allow 1-min for the units to link to each other
- Easy to Use ** The speaker volume on the parent unit is easily controlled by pressing the up or down arrow keys. When the parent unit is in mute, the visual sound indicator will still indicate the sound detected from the baby unit
- 5-level Sound Indicator ** A set of five LED lights on the parent unit indicates the level of sound in your baby's room so you can visually monitor noise level with the receiver muted
This monitor has its baby and parent units communicate using DECT 6.0, which is an encrypted radiofrequency. However, the monitor has a typical design look so by being a normal-looking camera with black and white colors.
Q: Is the lollipop camera wireless?
A: Yes, they are wireless and requires batteries
Q: Is the lollipop camera safe?
A: The Lollipop baby camera is meant to keep your babies secure by giving you access to watch your babies in their room. However, it’s the setting that might be dangerous for your kids and you want to avoid that by keeping the lollipop camera out of your kids’ reach.
Q: Can you use lollipop cameras without WiFi?
A: No you cannot. Since the camera needs WiFi to give you access to live video from your kids’ books.
Q: Does the lollipop camera have to be plugged in?
A: No, the camera doesn’t have to be plugged in since it uses batteries to work according to the lollipop camera review. The batter is long-lasting so you will feel alright after.
Q: Why is the lollipop camera flashing green?
A: This is when for your first time connecting the camera with WiFi. If the light is flickering, it means the camera can’t find any access to connect.
To Sum Up!
So this is our review about the Lollipop baby monitor for you with details pros and cons. Every feature has its own unique ways to give you a hand in parenting. There are many alternatives in the market for you to consider but this candy-looking monitor is a great idea so far for its benefits as mentioned above.
You might want to consider lots of factors that might access your baby’s sleep when you’re not with them, this product is for you. If you love this Lollipop baby monitor review, please like and share it on your social media.
Visit our homepage to see more: Babybassinetworld